Meeting Banner
Abstract #1297

The Physiologic Accumulation of Bile in the Gall Bladder: Evaluation by Means of Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MR Cholangiography with Gd-EOB-DTPA

Tsutomu Tamada1, Akihiko Kanki1, Tomohiro Sato1, Atsushi Higaki1, Yasufumi Noda1, Akira Yamamoto1, Hiroki Higashi1, Katsuyoshi Ito1

1Radiology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki City, Okayama, Japan

We evaluated the physiological accumulation of bile in gallbladder using DCE-MRC obtained with Gd-EOB-DTPA. As the results, Twenty-seven of 75 patients (36%) were delayed type (Visualization of Gd-EOB-DTPA in the end of the common bile duct is earlier than that of gallbladder), and remaining 48 (64%) were orthodromic type (Visualization of Gd-EOB-DTPA in the gallbladder is earlier than that of end of the common bile duct). The delay of the bile accumulation in the gallbladder is associated with T1 hyperintense bile or sludge of gallbladder, indicating the increase of viscosity and pressure in the gallbladder.