Meeting Banner
Abstract #2634

T2* Relaxation Time as an Imaging Biomarker for Monitoring Liver Arterial Blood Supply After Partial Hepatectomy

shuangshuang xie1, caixin qiu1, yajie sun1, qing li1, jinxia zhu2, and wen shen1
1Tianjin First Center Hospital, Tianjin, China, 2MR Collaboration, Siemens Healthcare, Beijing, China

The value of effective T2 (T2*) relaxation time in monitoring changes in liver arterial blood supply after partial hepatectomy was investigated using a rat model. Ten rats received a 30% hepatectomy, and the other ten received a 70% hepatectomy. Before and after the surgery, all animals underwent T2* mapping at multiple time points. Liver T2* relaxation times were measured and compared between different groups at each time point. The results indicated that T2* relaxation time can be used to monitor changes in liver arterial blood supply after partial hepatectomy.

This abstract and the presentation materials are available to 2020 meeting attendees and eLibrary customers only; a login is required.

Join Here