Meeting Banner
Abstract #4385

Amide Proton Transfer-Weighted MR Imaging Signal as Predictor of Non Thrombolysis Treatment Efficiency for Stroke

Chunmei Li1, Guodong Song1, Yuhui Chen1, Xuna Zhao2, Jinyuan Zhou2, and Min Chen1

1Beijing Hospital, Beijing, China, People's Republic of, 2Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, United States

This study is to evaluate the longitudinal Amide Proton Transfer-weighted (APTw) signal changes in patients with stroke after treatment. APT weighted images of stroke patients was acquired, including non-treatment and post treatment. 91.7% patients (22/24) showed gradual increased APT values with the extension of time, accompanied with the clinical symptoms improvement. The other 2 patients (8.3%) showed further decreased APT values in the second scan (the first scan after treatment), accompanied with the clinical symptoms aggravation. The increase of APT weighted signal may indicate the improvement of clinical symptoms while the decrease may indicate the aggravating of clinical symptoms.

This abstract and the presentation materials are available to members only; a login is required.

Join Here